A New Year. New Goals!

     Ahhhh, Don't you just love a fresh start? Me too. That's why I love New Years! It gives me an opportunity to look back on the previous 12 months and evaluate how things went for me, my family and my home. With every inch, ounce and moment of my life in 2014, I want to take a look back with an honest yet critical eye to evaluate how we in Lewisville finished the year.


What things worked?
What things didn't?
Where can I improve?
In what areas of my life do I need a change?

     There's plenty for me to reflect on and by simply asking these questions, there's a truth revealed about the previous year. No reason to get down on my self for not accomplishing every task I set for myself, but I know that if I don't set goals, nothing worthwhile will get done.
    
     Life can easily slip into complacency without setting goals, accomplishing objectives, fulfilling tasks. It reminds me of that commercial many years ago when a group of hungry people resolved, "Same place? Same place. Same thing? Same thing."
    That's not what I want. Do you? Not the Same Thing here! So I set my targets each year. Aim high. Fire boldly.
Check out my New Year's Post for 2014 on how to set goals

     My daughter asked  me on New Year's Eve if I had a New Year's resolution. I don't usually make resolutions but I immediately answered, "Be Better!"
     That my goal. Be a better wife, be a better mom, be a better financial planner for the Lewisville corporation (aka home), be better at keeping my home, be a better writer/blogger, and most of all- be a better example of Christ in my life.
     So with that in mind, I start setting goals and asking where do I want to be on January 1st, 2016?
I have dreams too and I know I must work toward them if I want to see them come true. They don't just happen no matter how many times I snap my finger and think good thoughts.


     This last week, I asked some the ladies from my women's Bible study to find a scripture they could use and go back to as their theme verse for the year. I heard Romans 12:2, "And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Another said Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."
     For me, with my lofty yet achievable goals in mind, I chose Proverbs 16:3.
             "Commit your works to the Lord and your thoughts will be established."
It fall close to Psalm 37:4-5. Go ahead. Look it up.
     I have goals and dreams just like you, but before rushing toward them, I want, need, must commit them to the Lord in prayer. When that happens, He establishes my thoughts, as in giving me wisdom on how and when those goals are to be done. My way never works. His way always works beyond what I ask or imagine.
      So my first goal then is this: I will commit. I will trust in Him. Then I get to see what He brings to pass! No finger snapping. No wishing upon a star. Just the good hand of my God upon me.



I set up 12 goals for myself. Next week I'll share them all with you and what I'm doing to see them happen here in Lewisville.
To a Blessed and Joyful 2015!
Lisa




Comments