Tips and Tricks Tuesday

Happy soggy Tuesday to you all!  It's raining and fall has made it's appearance here!  Not gonna lie, I'm not ready.  I want a bit more sunshine and warm days.  Oh, I love my soup and hot chocolate on cold days, but those are inevitable here in the Rockies of Colorado. So a few more warm days would be much appreciated.

If you're new here, welcome to Lewisville!  Today is Tips and Tricks Tuesday! It's a good day to visit here.  I like finding simple solutions to everyday living and sharing some of my favorite tips with you all!  You can find most of these tips on my Pinterest Tips and Tricks board, where I'd also love to have you follow along.  There's always facebook and twitter, too.  If you want to pin these tips on your own board, just click {source} below each picture.  It will take you to the original source of the tip, and it's always best to pin from the original source.

Tip. 1- How many times has this happened to you?  You've smothered your biscuit in butter and a little "extra" butter and ready to add honey, only to find that your honey has crystallized. No fear, just heat the honey in a pan of water and the particles melt down.  Works every time.
{Source}

Tip 2. The moving cutting board is sometimes a problem here in Lewisville, but to help out the slippery situation, add a damp paper towel underneath to keep that board from moving.
{Source}
 Tip 3.  I do this all the time and people think I'm crazy.  Adding a paper towel in your chopped lettuce really does keep it from wilting to quick.  Try this.
{Source}

Tip 4.  I've always used two 9-inch cake pans to create filled decadent cakes for the family, but recently I've moved to springform pans that produce taller cakes.  To get that filling in there, here's a way to cut through the cake more easily than using a knife.  Dental floss cuts through soft food with clumping up.  Nice.


{Source}
And dental floss can also cut through soft cheeses and such..
{Source}

Tip 5.  This has become one of my new favorite items in the kitchen this year.  I have a daughter who loves to bake and we are constantly running out of muffin liners.  Parchment paper is a good alternative though it is more costly, I believe.   It's better than the alternative though, which is just pouring your batter into the pans and scrubbing them later.
{Source}

Tip 6.  And speaking of scrubbing those pans, all of mine need to be replaced because I didn't do something like this.  They are now beyond a simple scrub, but when those new pans make it home, I'll be sure to use parchment paper.
{Source}
So did today's tips and tricks help out in any way?  I feel like I always learn something new as I put these post together.  
Just a reminder, next week you'll get to vote on the main color for this blog. Be sure to visit on Monday and cast your ballot!


Blessings, 
      Lisa 

Comments