Pretty White and Coral Desk

So a few weeks ago I picked up this desk for $5 at a yard sale.  Let me say that again.  Desk. $5. Applause, applause! I could barely contain myself when I saw the price and gladly and quickly gave the woman my Abraham Lincoln to claim my prize. It's real wood with dove tail drawers that just needed a little love.  Want to see the transformation? As my kids would say in their best deep cartoon voices, "PREPARE TO BE AMAZED!"


But wait.  To really appreciate the beauty of this desk, lets look at the before pictures.






And so the transformation began and it started with sanding.  Love my power sander!






Now, she was ready to be painted.  She got two coats of primer first, then the base was painted an antique white.  The drawers were painted coral which I just added some white paint and more white paint to get that "Ombre" look.





I found beautiful glass knobs at Hobby Lobby during a 50% off sale.  Yes!  Love the knobs!  They add the perfect touch to the piece. The entire desk also got two coats of polycrylic to protect the paint. 






Once more...

Tell me what you think?

Blessings,
Lisa

Comments

  1. Lisa, that is adorable! I have an old desk I need to paint and have been thinking of doing an ombre treatment. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very talented!! And patient! Your desk is lovely and you should be extremely proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice makeover and find! Can't beat five bucks for a solid wood desk! I like how you stenciled the side of the drawers, too. By the way, where are you putting the desk? Is this part of you new office area? I ask because the colors match your new blog look. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The desk has been sold! I bought and painted it with the intention of making a little bit of money for school supplies!

      Delete
    2. Woo-Hoo! Awesome! Congrats! :D

      Delete
  4. What a great makeover! I love the different shades of coral, and I love how you painted the sides of the drawers.

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment