New Blog Look #2

Happy Monday everyone! Today is the first day of school in the Lewisville household. The kids are thrilled ... on a very small level. I'm a mom of two middle schoolers and a high schooler! Feeling a bit older these days and thrilled ... on a very small level myself.

But seriously, it makes me realize that I only have 4 short years left with my oldest. Four years to influence and teach her.  Four years to greet her every morning with a hug and a smile. Four years to warn her about all that's ugly out there and four years to encourage her to never stop dreaming. My greatest desire is to see her grow up and always desire to worship, serve, love and thank God.  I'm not sure where that will take her, but as a good friend reminded me this week, I'd rather have my kids far from me and close to the Lord than close to me and far from the Lord.  Big difference. 

Four years.  Just four short years.  I want to say like John, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth (3Jn 4)." To that end, I will cherish every moment of these wonderful teen years.  That's right, wonderful teen years.  Whatever age our children are right now, cherish it.  That's what I've chosen. If they're little crawlers, you're in an awesome place of mommyhood.  If you're sending them off to school for the first time, you're in an awesome place, too.  And if you're like me with big kids now, cherish these times.  Every age, every moment with our kiddoes is an absolute gift.  Don't let others "warn" you or  tell you how awful this time is going to be.  They are adults in training.  They'll make mistakes and have bad days, but we as parents are there to remind them they are uniquely created and divinely loved by their creator.  He has a wonderful plan for their lives and I'm here (along with Mr. Lewisville) to help them remember that truth.

So last week I introduced the new blog look.  I'm keeping the overall look, but changing the colors every Monday.  How do you like this gold color?
Last week, it was coral.



In three weeks, I'll have you vote on your favorite color.  Be sure to check back on Mondays for the new color blend.  So far, you all seem to love the coral. Me too, but there's something about yellow and black that I love!

Have a Blessed Monday,
Lisa


Comments