The 5 Minute Powder Room Clean-Up

Hello again, friends.  I'm coming back from a relaxing week off and feeling refreshed.  Summer is in full swing in Lewisville with visits to the pool for the kiddos and perusing  yard sale for me.  Cold lemonade for them; iced coffee for me.  Love this season.
Today, I wanted to share a quick tip on how to get that powder room cleaned. With this system I've implemented, I can get it cleaned up in just 5 minutes...really.

 First, I decided to keep all my cleaning supplies in the powder room itself.  I took a trip to the Dollar Store and found my organizing tub, spray bottle, and even some good sponges and cleaning wipes.  I pulled all my supplies together including baking soda, alcohol, paper towels, and cotton balls.  Those are my normal cleaning supplies.



 Since everything is in one place, I can go to work quickly.  First, I pour baking soda in the toilet to clean and deodorize it, but I don't scrub it at this point.  Just let it sit there until the end of your cleaning routine.  The sink also gets scrubbed with baking soda.  For my baking soda tips, you can read more HERE.

 My spray bottle is filled with my home made all -purpose cleaner.  It's equal parts vinegar and water.   It's perfect around the sink top and toilets.  It also works great on mirrors. Spray and wipe with a paper towel.


 Next is a quick wipe down of the base boards with the wet cleaning wipes.  I also use one to clean around the toilet bowl because that area gets really gross and dusty.


Afterwards, the toilet seat gets wiped down with alcohol then I use the vinegar and water spray over that.
Finally, the toilet itself gets scrubbed down at the end.


 Everything is kept underneath the sink, so the next time goes just as quick.  I really love this system, and to improve it I even added trash bags and clean hand towels so those can be switched out  just as easily.

 Our powder room is just off the living room, and since that gets vacuumed every day, we vacuum the bathroom floor about twice a week.

So the next time I have company over and need to get the bathroom cleaned in just a few minutes, this cleaning system is a life saver.  My kids love it too since they "get" to clean the bathroom for chores.  It just makes life a little easier on every one!

So, do you have quick cleaning system for one of your rooms?  I'd love to hear it.


Blessings,
Lisa


I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 


Fluster Buste

Comments

  1. Looks like a great system for keeping things clean. Love that most of your cleaners are homemade and/or all natural. I really need to get myself switched that way.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I need to do this to my bathroom too!
    Thanks for inspiring me :o)
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas, all of them. I start out trying to get my cleaning supplies beneath the cabinet, but then something gets carried down to the kitchen and is not there next time. I need a dedicated container to hold all the items, like you got, so things remain where I need them. Thanks for sharing, saw your link at Savvy Southern.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment