The 2013 Spring Wreath

I took a trip down to the Dollar Tree a few nights ago.  Sometimes the kids want to "splurge" their chore money on the different odds and ends they can find there.  I was hoping to find some craft items to make a spring wreath, but as usual, I didn't want to spend much.  My goal was to walk away spending only $5.  What could I make for $5? This...



 I LOVE my "nature" spring wreath.  The birds are so cute and add a unique element to the wreath.  I really didn't know what I wanted  this year as far as a door wreath goes, but when I saw these birds, I was rather smitten by them. 

 I picked up the birds, wreath, ribbon, and a small spring flowers bunch from DT.  They have quite a bit there that you can create with.  It's easy to get excited and just buy and buy because everything is only $1.  That's why I always put a price limit on myself when I'm there.

 When I put a wreath together, I set everything out and pull apart the flowers.  Creativity needs space.


 I realized I needed another color to add to my wreath, so I shopped my ribbon pile in my garage and found this single piece of green sheer ribbon.  It was perfect for my project.  I played around with where to place everything, then hot glued the pieces onto the wreath.

 The birds have clips beneath them so they were the easiest to work with.   I have to admit, my spring wreath brings a smile to my face.


Now if only it would stop snowing this month!  I'm soooo ready for Spring!  And with spring comes EASTER!  It's my favorite time of the year, and I look forward to celebrating Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday.  I'm so humbled by the extent of God's great love for me and the amazing work my Savior did on the cross. #grace #love #mercy #salvation.  He is Risen indeed!


My front porch is ready for the holiday.  I made my "He is Risen" sign last year.  You can read about it HERE.  

A quick and inexpensive project to bring some color to my snow-ridden life is just what I needed.


So what do you think?  I think it was $5 well spent. Hope you found some inspiration here today.

Blessings,
Lisa


I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 


Comments

  1. I am a little bird crazy (says me daughter) so of course I LOVED your spring wreath! Really pretty :)
    Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven.
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute wreath! The birds look so real!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/03/submarine-sunday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those birds are a great basis for this wreath. perfectly springy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the birds! How cute! Saw your post over @ Someday Crafts. Please visit me sometime @ www.crosson5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. I am visiting you via No Minimalist Here. I would love for you to stop by My Dream Canvas. I am hosting a Giveaway for my blog's birthday. Please join in if you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brings a smile to my face too! Love those little birds -- they are just perfect for a spring wreath. Thanks for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute Lisa!
    Love the birds!
    Stacey :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment