Organized Baking Supplies

Hello All!  How'd you like that Super Bowl?  Being from California, I wish the 49ers had shown up earlier.  I'm a long time 49ers fan, and though disappointed they lost, I'm very excited to see them in the playoffs again. We've been waiting! The commercials, as always, were entertaining.  And speaking of entertaining, we haven't watched the half time show in years.  We have kids, and ever since wardrobe malfunctions and an insufficient amount of wardrobe on most entertainers, we choose to pause and make more snacks instead. Yesterday it was tortilla chips and guacamole, kettle corn, and carnitas tacos- all home made.  Good food always makes the Superbowl better, unless your team looses and there's a power outage.  Oh wait...


So today, I thought I'd show you how I organized my baking supplies in the new pantry.


 I have a daughter who LOVES to bake and she's always in the kitchen making cookies or cupcakes for her adorning fans, otherwise known as her family...mainly mom and dad....ok, mostly mom.  She's a great baker actually and someday she wants to open her own cupcake business...or work for Disney.  If those fall through, she said her back up plan is to become a lawyer.  I love that law is her "back up".  Kids think of what would be a fun job to do.  Working for Disney and baking are fun.  Law, not so much.  That's why it's a "back up".  She's 11 and has been a planner ever since she could draw out her list of things to do.  I adore her.


 But back to organizing. Remember how I re-purposed all those cookie tins from Christmas?  If you missed that post you can read about it HERE.


I love how these tins turned out.  Spray painting them on the outside (only) really gives them a great cohesive look, and they're perfect for organizing my baking supplies.

Above, I gathered all my sprinkles together.

 Cookie cutters go in another tin.

 Gels and coloring dyes go in another, along with the one lone cookie cutter that didn't fit.  Don't you just hate that?

 And baking ingredients fit nicely into the last tin.

The labels I created were re-sized to fit the tins, but they look fabulous.  I love labels!



That's it.  I love our little baking section in the pantry.  It makes things so easy to find, and since we're not searching around the pantry or kitchen cabinets for these things, we're saving time.

I keep the baking supplies on the bottom shelf where it's easy for aspiring bakers to reach.  A little organization and a little beauty have made this Up-cycle Pantry one of my favorite projects so far.

Blessings,
Lisa

I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Saved by Love Creations 
Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 

Restore Interiors
Tip 
Junkie

Comments

  1. I absolutely love all your "upcycling" organizational ideas. I sometimes get discouraged looking at all the beautiful projects on blogs, knowing I can't justify the money spent at The Container Store, Pottery Barn, etc, but looking at your gorgeous spaces, I have hope!!!Have you shared your printable labels yet? You inspired me to get my pantry organized, but I'm patiently waiting for your gorgeous labels, I've looked all over the internet and yours are my faves:)+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I can't spend much money either but I want a beautiful home too. I find ways to do it. I'm transitioning to a new computer so the labels should be made available within the next week.
      Blessings,
      Lisa

      Delete
  2. Don't you just love spray paint? It makes everything look good. I LOVE what you did...your pantry is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great! All my decorating stuff is all over the place! I might just have to do something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pantry is inspiring me.. I can never find anything in mine.. it actually makes me NOT want to do any baking, but with a pantry like yours it would be so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pantry! Mine is, well, I don't have one :) Just a bunch of scattered cupboards. But I love how you upcycled the containers, that is really cool :)
    Stopping by from Titus 2sdays

    ReplyDelete
  6. So tidy and attractive! I have a bit of a sprinkle problem... so many mine are stored in a 10 gallon Rubbermaid tub. Ditto the cookie cutters. Not nearly as cute of a storage solution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great ideas!! You have a really nice blog.

    We would like to invite you to link up with us at our party. It goes live tonight: http://thebusybhive.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!!
    The Busy Bee's,
    Myrna and Joye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotto think of a way to fit my kitchen! A must do!!!! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea... I need this in my life, lol!

    I'd love for you to link up a few projects at my weekend link party that is going on right now @The Weekend re-Treat!

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey!! I love to bake but its my back up plan after work ...I am a lawyer here in the UK and let me tell your daughter, Its LOTS of fun! Have her email me if she wants to know what its REALLY like. ( Assuming you let her correspond with strangers on the Internet!!)
    But I have to say, my baking cupboard is a sorry pile of flour bombs waiting to happen. Thanks for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your great ideas for organizing at Simple & Sweet Fridays. It looks so pretty too!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it was
    super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly
    enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any recommendations for newbie blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate
    it.

    My web page; instructions
    my webpage :: sds tree

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment