Organized (and pretty) Make up Brushes

Well, I finally got around to cleaning and displaying my make-up brushes.   Last week, I posted about all the fabulous and beautiful ways to organize your make-up.  My make-up and brushes were hiding away in an old and dirty travel bag under my sink.  There. I said it.  I'm so ashamed.  My own post was the inspiration to doing this.



Wowzers!  I LOVE it!  Can I say that about my own work and not sound haughty? It just came out so much better than I even expected.


I cleaned my make-up brushes this last week- finally.  I'll post about that on Tips and Tricks Tuesday, so stay tuned.  I didn't want to just throw them back in a bag or a drawer, so I decided to "display" them like so.


Here's the best part about my little girly display.  I already had the tray, the glass candle holder, and the beads.  I didn't go out and shop for any of it!  You all know, that's my kind of decorating!  But if you're interested in getting these items, I bought everything at the Dollar Tree a while ago.  I'm pretty sure they still have them.


I set out my favorite and most often used jewelry pieces.  Together, everything looks perfectly matched.  Personally, I love the mix of gold and silver, so I might just keep that gold box thingy next to the tray.  I haven't really decided.  By the way, I got that gold box (it's a Christmas candle holder) for just $3 at Bath and Body during their semi-annual clearance.  I didn't buy lotions or soap.  Just these gold boxes. 


So what do you think?  A little ribbon, some marbles or beads, and a glass candle holder is all you need to bring a little beauty to your life.


Love little decorating and practical moments!

Blessings,
Lisa

I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Saved by Love Creations 
Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 

Restore Interiors
Tip 
Junkie

Comments

  1. Very pretty! And I like pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I need to display my brushes this way too. The simple box made the jar look so pretty. Thank you for your kind words about our precious Bo passing, it really meant a lot. My condolences on the loss of your dog. They do give unconditional love and I miss that so much too. Following you on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! So pretty and organized :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So chic! The silver tray makes the accessories pop! Dollar Tree rocks!
    Anjana @ http://happyandharried.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping in from The Gunny Sack....This caught my eye right away....so beautiful and inexpensive, too. I'm inspired to do something similar on my new vanity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you at Kammie's Corner and love how everything screams "girly", I have the glass vase and will find something to use as a tray. Need to know what you used to clean the brushes so I'll be back!
    I'm your newest follower and liked you on facebook too!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look fantastic! I love the look of the ribbon and the silver tray.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa, very pretty display! I just finished painting my dressing table and this will look great on it! We found you at Our Delightful Home and have joined your lovely blog. We would love it if you visited us and joined us back!

    have a beautiful day!

    Linda and Jeannie at The French Hens nest

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the queen of beautiful organization! I just saw your darling ice cream buckets, and now make up brushes! You live in a gorgeous organized place! Lucky you! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa, (I'm a Lisa too!)
    What a cute idea! I have an old square silver tray and I think the exact same candle holder. This will be perfect to fill the massive expanse of bathroom counter that I've been trying to 'decorate'.
    Are you in Louisville Texas? If so we are neighbors, I live in Flower Mound, stop by and check out my blog House Dressing at housedressingblog.blogspot.com
    Lisa
    New follower, found you at Delightful Order

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so pretty! Love it when things we use everyday can be displayed so nicely.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  12. inspiring!

    stopping by via commonground and hope you'll find a moment to come hang out, dream, reflect, share and notice lovely. http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2013/02/jadore-milieu.html?showComment=1360156518676

    smiles to you, lovely blogger.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why, blessings back! I've used crystal vases and serve ware to display my brushes ready to use- but never thought of putting glass pebbles in leftover candle holder. Positively brilliant of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa, Thanks so much for sharing this inspiring post at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Happy Valentine's!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment