Tips and Tricks Tuesday #29

Hello.  I know so many of you are glued to the TV right now looking at exit polls and state predictions.  I'm with you, watching to see who will be leading our country for the next 4 years.  I know that no matter who sits in the White House, I will continue to blog.  I will continue to pay my taxes. I will continue to pay off my bills. I will continue to love on my family and pray for my country; but most of all, I will continue to keep my eyes on Jesus. The president has never changed my life in significance, but Christ has indeed!

So let's blog.  Today is Tuesday, which means it's Tips and Tricks Tuesday!  This is the day of the week where I share some great tips from around blogland, pinterest, and here from Lewisville!  If you're new here, you can find all these on my Tips and Tricks board on Pinterest, and if you feel so inclined, I'd love it if you'd follow me there or facebook.  Let's get on with it shall we?



Tip 1.  It's party time!  I love ice cream.  I mean, I really love ice cream.  I can have it every day if I didn't care about that little thing called health and fitness. Have you noticed how popular ice cream sundaes are becoming at parties now.  I think this is a great way to display all those delicious toppings.  So very creative.

{Source}
 Tip 2.  Want a creative way to hold your party utensils.  Take any can, cover it with fabric or craft paper and ribbon to match, and you have a cute little table decor and organizer.  Love this look!
{Source}
 Tip 3.  I know that party favors always give me a head ache, and the individual toys and candy can really add up in price.  I love this idea of making big cookies and placing them in CD folders.  Add your personal touches like stickers and ribbon, and you have a great party favor to give away.
{Source}
 Tip 4.  This is one of those, "why didn't I think of that" tips.  I usually make my own cakes for parties and polish them up all pretty with home made frosting.  You can usually find me spooning frosting into my plastic bag to decorate me cake.  This is so much easier.  Place your plastic bag around a cup and pour it in for an easier fill.  Great tip!
{Source}
 Tip 5.  Once you've done that, you're ready to write on your cake.  If you want to make sure you have evenly spaced your words, write them with a toothpick first, then pipe your frosting on top.  Simple and easy.
{Source}
Hope you found today's tips helpful.  Next week,  I'll be sharing some Thanksgiving decor inspiration, so come on back and get some ideas.  Have a great day, everyone.

Blessings,
Lisa

Comments