This little light of mine

Well, I have to tell you.  I LOVE thrift store deals!  I love when I find a great piece of furniture for just a few bucks and make it look like a part of a store collection.  I LOVE saving  money of course, and I LOVE finding items we NEED at home.  In Lewisville, we need table lamps.  We've been sitting in the dark far to long (not really) and it's just time to purchase some beautiful, esthetically pleasing lamps!

I don't know how, but somewhere along the way, every lamp in our house seemed to break or "disappear".  Strange I tell you?  I really wanted matching lamps for the master bedroom, without paying for them with one of my children.  We're talking lamps here-that give light- not a piece of furniture or an appliance.  When did lamp prices surge into the "oh my goodness; are you kidding me" price points?  Then again, I know I'm cheap (loud and proud) so with every price I see, from Pottery Barn to Target, I'm bound to choke on it.
Then one day, I saw these two pretty girls at my local thrift store, and I insisted they come home with me.


For a few weeks, I kept dropping into my thrift stores looking for matching lamps.  I would find one but not a pair.  I would find something similar to what I wanted, but not a set.  I knew I could just paint two lamps the same color, and it would still give me a cohesive look. Deep down inside, though, I wanted matchy-matchy even though all decor and design tips say not to worry about that.  Just when I was about to cave in and buy whatever, I found my lamps!



 What do you think?  I know they're sassy brassy but they're just what I was looking for.  Besides, you know my DIY friends, primer and spray paint, never let me down.  If you missed my post on the last lamp I painted, you can read all about it HERE.  Our bedroom is an earthy brown color with black furniture, so I'm thinking about softening it up with white accents; therefore, these lamps will most likely be white the next time you see them.

 As soon as I saw them, I was sold.  Then I saw the price tag at $5 each and I could hardly contain myself.  This is a bit of a DIYers, in my bloggy dreams, kind of deal.  I know.  I'm weird that way.  It takes very little to make me happy and entertain me!


I love the curves and even the brass color doesn't bother me that much.  She's still getting a paint job, but she'll have to wait in line.  Before I actually purchase things like this at the thrift store, I always test them out.  So here's a tip- If you're going to buy a lamp, make sure it works.  These work perfectly!


 But wait there's more....my girls are getting a new lamp for their bedroom too.  On a separate trip to the same thrift store, I found this cutie patootie, perfect for a tween girls room! 


 This one was even cheaper at just 3.99!  Are you kidding me?  (I say that in the complete opposite way from looking at price tags from the above mentioned stores)  My thoughts go a little something like this when I see thrift store tags, "Quick, let's buy it before they realize what I'm willing to pay and change their minds."  Please tell me I'm not crazy, or at least tell me I'm not alone.  I'm ok with crazy as long as I'm not alone.  Hehehe!


By the way, I found the very same lamp here, on sale, for $24 more.  Yup, I'm really liking my thrift store deals now! 

So in the next week I'll be shopping for drum shades and probably some fabric.  I'll be sure to show you the final product when it's all done!  Now do you believe me when I say you can find some great deals at the thrift stores?  I hope you find some amazing deals for those of you who are going out the door now, on your way to your nearest thrift store!  Have a great weekend everyone!  

Blessings,
Lisa

I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Saved by Love Creations 
Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 

Restore Interiors
Tip 
Junkie

Comments

  1. Hi!! I nominated you for an award on my blog. :)

    Take care and great finds!!

    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lisa! You are definitely the bargain queen! I would buy the $3.oo lamp because it's a steal...and I don't even need a lamp. So who's crazy? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all great! I haven't found any lamps that nice at my thrift store! Hope you can stop by and visit me when you have a minute. Have a great day! www.homesweetthriftyhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a find (or finds)! They all three have great shape. How funny, I just spray painted two thrift store lamps yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome finds they will looks fabulous cause there pretty now and at the price awesome oh yeah lol enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds. I have a link party and would love to have you share this and any other posts. It is called Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party. The link to the party is
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-link_14.html
    I hope to see you there.
    Have a great week.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right when did lamps start costing more than furniture!?! Love the shape of these. Can't wait to see the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lamps. Can't wait to see which shades and colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do you find inexpensive shades for lamps? My best so far is Ross but the pickings are slim. Jo @ Let's Face the Music

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yard Sales and Walmart mostly, but if I have a coupon for other places, I'll shop around. I like the big drum shades but they can be just as pricey as the lamp. I'll let you know what I find when I'm all done.

      Delete
  10. LOVE a good lamp redo. I'll be looking for the finished product!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great deals! Beautiful lamps- can't wait to see what you do with the set:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Thrift Store finds - you and I share the love of thrift stores it seems. I'm always braggin' about my thrift store finds, too. Can't wait to see what you do with your lamps - White is it? I'll bet there going to look great. Found you at Donna's SNS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like them the way they are! I thought they were mercury glass at first. I think I would just buy burlap shades. You could always add some mercury glass what nots on your stand. All my mercury glass lamps came from TJMax and they have lots of mercury glass pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you on the price thing.. I KNOW i'm crazy so you're not alone.. I always look around like this must be a wrong price and I better grab it before the figure out they priced it way to low.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, I love the matching lamps! such a nice shape :). The thing that always kills me is having to buy the shades new and more than doubling my cheap lamp price :(....but still way better than buying the whole lamp new!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love when you find exactly what you are looking for at the perfect price. It's even more fun to make it your own too.
    Melissa
    www.lovebugliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Score! Those are beautiful! I think your glass bubble lamp is even better than the one at the Store! Thrift stores are the best! Found you at Judy's DIY by Design linky party! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great finds! You are so not alone -- I hold my breath until I am walking out the door for fear someone will snatch back whatever I'm buying! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic deals! Looks like I need to go thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Once I found a great mirror for $5.95 and I practically threw my cash at the GW checker while I prayed she wouldn't tell me it was a mistake! Now I'm hoping for some buffet lamps to come my way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment