My Organizing Challenge

I realized something about myself.  I'm not the most organized person.  Surprise, surprise.  I always thought I was organized until I started reading organizing blogs and realized, nope, I'm not even close.   So I've accepted the fact that I am indeed "organize challenged".  That's the bad news, but it's not new news to my family.  They've dealt with it and accept me for who I am.  Thanks, guys.  The good news is that I'm in recovery!  I know I can change.  I want to organize my home.  I need to organize my home!  As I read my favorite organizing blogs I become inspired to face my disorganizing disorder and TACKLE my most challenging areas- otherwise known as my entire home.

{Source}
I need this kind of organization....



I'm in the middle of several furniture and decorating projects, but there's always time to organize, right?  The thing about organizing is that it doesn't cost much.  Think about it.  When you're organizing a desk drawer for example, your biggest  task is simply cleaning it out, redistributing your items, and reorganizing them back in the same place.  Sure you can buy baskets, files, and sorters, but you can get around all that too with simple solutions.  That's where all my past organizing hopes and dreams failed before.  I always thought you needed to spend money, and lots of it, to get your home beautifully organized. No, no, no. I was wrong, so wrong.  And for the next month, and maybe longer, I'm going to show you how wrong I've been.

{Source}
I'm going to show you an area of my house that needs some attention in the organizing area.  I'll be open and honest and let you peek into my hidden messes.  Oh, yes, I do have them.  Some areas I've already organized so you won't always see the before pictures.  Sorry!  Most areas though, well, I let you see my secret semi-hoarding ways.  It's the truth.  Please refrain from judgement.

{Source}
Along the way, I hope you'll be inspired to give attention to those areas of your home that need it.  I'll share with you some of my ideas that help me get organized on little to no budget.  Do you like that idea?  I think most of you know already that I'm that kind of girl.  It's ok; you can say it.  CHEAP.  It's true I am, and I've learned to embrace my cheap skating ways to attain the highest impact. This is my own challenge that is needed for me to get things done around Lewisville, but as I get a drawer or cabinet or room organized, I hope you'll be inspired to do the same.  That's what this blog is all about anyway.  It's just a little encouragement from one home to another.
{Source}
So each Saturday, starting Oct.13,  I'll show you my first space.  EEK!  I'm a little nervous to tell you the truth, but this is long overdue.  My own Lewisville Organizing Challenge has officially started and I'm calling it Straighten it up Saturday.  Pretty cheesey I know, but it works.
{Source}
 I hope you'll take the time and visit on Saturdays!  You can always sign-up for email reminders or connect with me through facebook or twitter.  I'm off to start organizing my home! Who's with me?

Have a blessed weekend, everyone!

Blessings,
Lisa






Comments

  1. Good for you, getting a start is a step ahead.
    I've been organizing in my studio. It's almost always pretty scarey, I"m talking not being able to walk in the room without tripping.
    There were things on the shelves in studio I had no idea what in the heck they were, same for the closet. Got that stuff cleaned up and organized. I tend to move around in areas when the urge hits so it takes me longer to get things done. But I"m working on it.
    Ok so I have piles of stuff in the front hall outside the door of my studio but I'm working on it.
    Actually I had the hall cleared up then I put stuff back from the living room and bam it was back again. But I'm working on it.
    I got a little distracted yesterday with making some burlap table runners but I'll get back to the hallway again when my husband trips on something on way to bathroom. sigh.
    I did clear off the "stuff" on the antique cupboard in the mudroom yesterday. Most of it went into a paper bag and now is sitting out on the toolbox. sigh. But I"m working on it. I did get the mudroom floor completely cleared out and scrubbed like crazy.
    While I"m working on all these projects, hopefully something I organized will stay that way.
    Good luck on your quest to organize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find decluttering helps the area. Then organize. You may have to show no mercy in some areas . Especially w kids who hang onto everything. Or husbands! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a whole house to organize too, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am going through this same exact situation. I have been working on my bedroom for the last 4 weeks. I actually found a floor! My husband could even vaccuum it! So far I have several storage boxes lined against the wall on my side of the room, but you know what? It is already so much better than it was and I am not done! You have inspired me to start my own blog like this. I am so happy to know I am not the only one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's AWESOME, Hilary! I'd love to read it and be your first follower! Blessings,
      Lisa

      Delete

Post a Comment