Tips and Tricks Tuesday

No, I didn't forget about our little Tuesday date with tips and tricks for around the house; I've just been a wee bit BUSY!  Whew, it's been a whirlwind around here, but a really great, amazing, and wonderful whirlwind!  The welcomed kind of whirlwind!  Good things are happening in Lewisville, and I'll share as soon as I can.

But for today, since it is Tuesday (night), I have a few tips and tricks for the you and your home!  You can find all my tips on my Tips and Tricks board on Pinterest.  And if you'd like to get the latest post from Lewisville Love, you can sign up to get each post delivered to your email.  It's simple and no junk mail- hate that.

But on to the good stuff...


Tip. 1.  You all know how much I love NOT spending money yet getting my house clean and organized.  This is a girl after my own heart.  She uses a soda box (pop- for my friends in the south) and transforms it into a can organizer.  Nice job!
{Source}

Tip 2.  I have a lot of bananas in my freezer, because instead of throwing them away when they brown, we freeze them to make homemade banana muffin and bread for the winter.  But here's a tip for you non-bakers out there.  To keep bananas from browning so quickly, bring them home and pull them apart.  They brown faster when they stay connected.  I've also put them in a brown paper bag and that also keeps them from browning so fast.  Good tips.
{Source}

Tip 3.  Do you have feathered pillows.  I love them, but they flatten out so quickly.  To revive them and fluff them up again, throw them in the dryer with a few tennis balls.  This also kills the dust mites for all pillows when you dry them in high heat. 
{Source}

Tip 4.  My kids love apples!  They eat them every-single-day.  I really should invest in an apple farm.  The only problem with taking apple slices to go is that they don't keep well.  We all know we can put a little lemon juice on them to keep them longer, but kids don't like that.  I don't like that.  The apples taste to lemony, not like apples (applely?).  Here's a great tip for youngsters (and oldsters) who like their apples sliced for later.  Slice the apples and soak them in water for 3-5 minutes, then soak them in a lemon/lime soda (pop for my friends in the south again) like Sprite or 7-up for another 3-5 minutes.  Refrigerate the slices in individual baggies and grab them when you're on the go. 
{Source}

Tip 5.  The best time to buy guide...September, as you probably know, is the best time to buy all the left over summer items like patio furniture, swim suits, and all that juicy seasonal fruit.  Did you know it's also the best time to buy bikes as well as China and flatware.  



New bike models are released in September and bicycle dealers don't want last year's model crowding their show room, so they slash prices during September.  The same goes for China.  If you don't mind getting last season's pattern, you can find some good deals.  The wedding season is over and what's left can be found for a bargain.  Happy shopping!

Hope you all found something that will help you or your homes run more smoothly!


Blessings,
Lisa

Comments