My Fall Wreath for under $5!

You all know I love decorating, making things beautiful and festive, but I'm a thrifty girl too!  I want  to save money but make my house sparkle and shine too!  It's can be challenging at times, but I truly believe with a little time and creativity, we can get our homes "magazine cover" beautiful, even on the smallest budgets.  

 Earlier this week, I showed you my Fall table for under $10.  Today, I'll show you my Fall wreath.  I put it together yesterday, and I did it for just under $5. 




Here's how it all started.  I bought this beautiful branch wreath at a thrift store last year for $3 (maybe $2.  I can't remember that far back).  I've used it here to decorate my spring mantel, but now it's time to change things up a bit.  I started with a blank slate so to speak.

The fall decor came from my trip to the Dollar Tree a few day ago.  The leaves and ribbon were just $1 each.  So thankful for places like the dollar stores.  



I like to place my items out on the project I'm working on at the time.  The mock up helps me decided where to position my decorating elements.  My workspace can get messy, but the outcome it worth it.


I had these wooden letter stencils from my baby chair project- my first project by the way!  They've been sitting in my garage and I finally decided to use them for a spell out on my wreath.  I wanted to spray paint them in espresso brown, but my spray paint can refused to cooperate with me.  Plan B- use my kid's brown marker.  It worked.


 I worked with the leaves placing them here and there, but the wreath was still missing something. 


I took a trip...to my back yard and grabbed some branches from a tree. They would be the perfect addition to my rustic wreath.


 I bundled them in jute twine and added them to the wreath.


There it is.  All done and.... wait a minute.  It still needed some more leaves.


I tried adding them like this, but it just didn't work for me.


I finally decided to add more twine (twine and ribbon are my go to decorating elements) and have the leaves "fall" from top to bottom.  In the end, I like this version better.


That's it.  My wreath is done, and my outdoor fall porch is coming together.   I haven't bought pumpkins yet, have you?  There's so many great ideas out there and the kid's love when the house is decorated.  Let's see what we come up with this year.

Have a great weekend everyone!  I'll be working on my Fall mantel this weekend.  I'll have it posted for you to see by Tuesday morning!

Blessings,
Lisa

I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Saved by Love Creations 
Miss Mustard See

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 

Restore Interiors
Tip 
Junkie

Comments

  1. My, you're ambitious! I placed a fall wreath on my front door this morning that a dear neighbour of mine, when I was living out of province, gave me for fall one year.

    And, I have never decorated my mantel for fall before. I hang my head down in shame, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so frugal and awesome! I love the twig bundles as the little accent on the side.

    Thanks for posting over at the It's Fall Ya'll linky party!

    -Amberly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wreath! Great job! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Fall link party! Hope to see you there! Have an awesome weekend! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_09_17_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty wreath Lisa. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely wreath! The price can't be beat. I'm a thrifty girl too so I really appreciate this type of craft. I love finding other thrifty decor blogs. Found you through Sunday's Best linky party and am a new GFC follower. Would love it you had time to visit sometime and maybe follow back. Have a great day!
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful wreath! Thank you for stopping by our pretty things party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the twig bow -- genius (and frugal!) Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment