It was a thrifty weekend!

Hello! Hello!  I woke up this morning to the very best coffee made just for me by my one and only.  That was sweet, but what was even sweeter was the chocolate croissant he brought me from my new favorite French bakery.  It's my birthday, and my family does a little spoiling on me.  I can't protest all their efforts; that just wouldn't be fair.  Later, we'll go out to dinner and I'll open up my munchkins home made gifts and cards. They can't wait to hand them to me, and I look forward to it every year.
My kids are always exited for birthdays, no matter whose we're celebrating.  All week I heard, "Mom, only 6 more days till your birthday!  Only 2 more days now; are you excited?  Only 3 more hours!"  I'm 39 today!  I feel great. I get to stay home with my kids, and I have husband who loves me.  I'm a blessed girl, and I'm very thankful!
Today, I plan to do a little painting, watch a Jane Austen movie, and drink iced coffee.   That's my kind of day!
I've had this thrifty post ready for you all for a while.  Hope you enjoy!

I have found a new favorite thing to do on Friday mornings.  It's going to yard sales.  I haven't done a whole lot of yard sales in the last few years.  I've had the same thoughts toward yard sales as I did toward thrift stores- you can read about that HERE.



My neighborhood is known to have great yard sales, so I finally went out last week to see if all the hype was true.  Turns out- it was.  I'm a little late to the game though.  Summer's almost over and once winter hits, the yard sales say goodbye.  Until them, I'll be out looking for some more amazing deals.  Here's what I found for my home....

For just $3, I have a new favorite lamp for my living room.

I also found these great rugs for my entry way; they were just $1 a piece.  Love them!

And to help me get a little more organized, I found this mail organizer for just $1.  It' new home is my laundry room, and I'm painting it today.

And finally, I didn't plan on buying anything like this, but one of my kids sat on the chair and the guy hosting the yard sale went from $5 to $3 in zero point five seconds.  It wasn't what I was looking for, but I wanted something for my front porch.  For $3, I couldn't resist, and I'm pretty sure I can buy a chair at target to complete the set.   I'm thinking of painting them black.  What do you think?


My kids have found some great deals too like board games, black lights, and an Ipod home station thingy.  They have to spend their own chore money, but we've all come home pretty happy from our yard sale adventures.  Now, I'm a little torn between what's better- yard saling or thrifting?  No matter.  There will always be room in my heart for both!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Blessings,
Lisa

  I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:

Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style
No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Saved by Love Creations 
Miss Mustard Seed
Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 
Restore Interiors
Tip  Junkie

You might also like:

Comments

  1. You did GOOD! I could use one or two of those mats, and the bistro table and chair, well, I could do something with that as well, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live for garage sale-ing and thrift stores. The next thing you need to check out - Rummage sales! We have one here in NE each year at a fairgrounds - each barn is FULL of a category of item - kids clothes, housewares, books, craft, etc. Everything is dirt cheap (some brand new high end items with the tags still on) and the last day is "bag day". Anything and everything you can fit it supersize garbage bags for $5.00. Best of all, the proceeds go toward the local hospital for purchase of equipment, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Lisa! Hope it's a great one, it already sounds like it's starting off that way! =) Love your posts! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Lisa! Enjoy every minute! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is exactly the one I had at the Rosecrans Apartment. lol Think of me whenever you see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did you have at that apartment? I'm trying to think back but in a brain fog!

      Delete
  7. Great finds! Can't believe those prices! I need to yard sale with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great finds! I love the chair and table and for three bucks that is a fabulous deal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did score big time, especially on the lamp and rugs. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great buys! I've been on the 400 Mile yard sale and the World's Longest- hwy 127. I really enJOY exploring yard sales and should start figuring out how to stop. Who could turn down a front porch set for 3 bucks? That's what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow--you did really well at the yard sales, Lisa! It's so much fun to find cool things and at great prices like you did. I really like the lamp and rugs that you found!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great finds, the lamp is so pretty. The rugs are so a great find also. No feeling like it finding treasures on a thrifty price. Do you have a new header? It's nice! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have just started going to yardsales this summer, and I have found some great things. This weekend I found a COMPLETE SET of brown transferware for $20. It was a splurge for me, but I checked ebay and etsy, and learned I can sell it for over $300 (if I wanted to sell it, but I don't). You found some great deals too! Love reading this kind of post. Following you, hope you'll check my blog out too!

    Gloria

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds!! Stopping by from Keeping it Simple's linky party and your newest follower. Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/09/another-fur-baby-coat.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great finds! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Finds! I would love to get my hands on that mail organizer, I just did a small one using a 'faux' chalk paint. Your larger one is awesome. Love the rugs - you got a smokin deal girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you can ALWAYS find what you "need" an a yard sale! Okay so there are a few exceptions. But not many! I'm EXTREMELY JEALOUS of your $3 table and chair - it IS what I've been looking for!!!!!! AHHHHH!!! If you lived near me, I'd but it from you and you'd make money. haha. Oh, and you were the most clicked on link last week so you'll be featured on Kammy's Korner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Love your rugs & the cool lamp. You won't believe this, but I found the Exact same mail organizer at my local thrift store last week. I'm going to paint mine too! What a co-inkidink, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment