Tips and Tricks Tuesday # 15

Hey everyone!  How's it going today?  Are you all watching the Olympics?  We most certainly are glued to the games here in Lewisville.  I LOVE watching every- single- sport our athletes are competing in and chanting along with the crowd U.S.A....U.S.A....U.S.A!  I like to tell my kids about how hard these athletes have worked, that they've trained for hours and hours, for years and years, and that their dream has been to go to the Olympics and hopefully win a medal.  I want them to dream too; not about the Olympics necessarily, but dream, hope, wish and work for it-whatever the Lord gives them in their hearts to desire.

Our Home Town Hero- Missy Franklin  {Source}

Ok, so today is Tips and Tricks Tuesday, our day to learn about a few things to make our lives at home a bit easier.  We all love easier, don't we? Here we go!

Tip 1.  I've moved a few times over the past couple of years.  Every time, I've wrapped all my dishes carefully in newspaper so they don't break.  Placing the plates in between Styrofoam plates is brilliant.  This would save tons of time and washing.

{Source}

Tip 2.  I talked about making my own home made laundry detergent HERE.  If you make the liquid version, using a drink dispenser is a smart and beautiful way to store it.  Brilliant I tell you!

{Source}
Tip 3. This just may be my closet's saving grace!  I was just looking at my master bedroom closet and it needs some serious help.  Using wood shelf brackets from your home improvement store is a great and inexpensive way to divide your shelves and keep clothes from topping over.  Pretty too!

{Source}

Tip 4. There are about 100 different ways to use toilet and paper towel rolls.  I've seen everything from art to organizing cubbies.  Let's start simple with something like this.  Use some decorative paper to cover your roll and let your imagination go wild. 


Tip 5.  August is the best time to buy all your back to school supplies- for the year!  Most of us know this but did you also know August is the best time to buy computers, swim suits, summer clothes for next year (think of the kids), patio sets, and all things summer- including lawn mowers and swing sets!  If you've been waiting for a deal, now's the time to score some bargains.


  Hope you found something to help you out!  If you haven't signed up to get the email reminders, head on over to the side bar and follow by email so you'll never miss a post! No junk mail included!  I've been making progress in our beach themed bathroom.  Come back later this week to see what's going on in there.

Blessings,
Lisa

Comments

  1. Great tips! You know, I love the detergent dispenser but the homemade solution I use has to be shaken up every time so it wouldn't work in that type of dispenser. Maybe you have a better recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment