Praying for Aurora, Colorado

Hello Everyone,
I  had a regular decor post ready to go this morning, but when I found out about the shooting that happened in Aurora, I didn't think it was the right time or the right day.  The shooting at the movie theater in Aurora hits pretty close to home for us here in Lewisville.  No, we're not close to Aurora in proximity.  In fact, we live about 30 minutes from the theater in Aurora, but we've been attending church at Calvary Aurora since we moved here 9 months ago.  In fact, many people we know from our church were in the very next theater when the massacre began.
title
{Source}
 My heart pauses when I think how easily life can take a turn from such tragedy.  The mood here all around Denver is very somber.  Everyone is talking about what happened, why it happened, the families whose lives have changed forever.  You can't help but think how easily it could have been you; it could have happened anywhere; or it could have been one of your kids in there.
title
{Source}
 These are the days, you just want to hold your loved ones, not let go for a really long time, and say a prayer of thank you that you're still together. 
title
{Source}
 I know many have questions during times of tragedy like this.  They usually start with, "How can God...?" I can't explain it or even begin to give "Reasonable" answers.  Can anyone?  There is God who is good, always, but there is also evil that stems from Satan.  This was a vicious, evil attack, and so many innocent lives were taken.  My heart hurts for them and their families.

 The Bible is my source for understanding and hope, especially in times of crisis like this.  When things seem out of my control and crisis strikes, days like this, I turn to Philippians 4:7.

"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

 "Reasonable" doesn't work in tragedy, but God's peace does.  In fact, His Peace surpasses my understanding and goes to work on my heart and mind.  My heart and my mind need the most attention during these times. My heart is broken and my mind is racing to find answers that aren't there. I don't understand the evil in this world.  It's ugly and it makes me angry.  God knows that and His peace guards my heart from bitterness and my mind from fear.  Does that make sense?

When it comes down to it, I know God protects me.  No, not from tragedy or from becoming a victim at the hands of evil.  That's not what I mean.  He protects me, my soul, my heart that I've given to him, my future life with Him in heaven.  That's the protection that comes from His peace.
title
{Source}
And so what can we do now about what happened in Aurora?  We pray.  Pray that the message of God's love and grace reaches ALL those involved, (All, even the shooter) and that they come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as their savior.  Pray for God's peace to fill each victim and their family members.   Pray for the pastors here in Denver who are with the families, visiting the wounded in the hospitals, and giving words of encouragement to the brokenhearted.  Pray for forgiveness.  Pray for healing.

title
{Source}
title
{Source}

title
{Source}

title
{Source}

title
Thank you to all our police officers and firefighters and emergency crews.  {Source}





Keep praying.  We need your prayers here.  We need healing for the brokenhearted. We need God's peace through Jesus and His divine presence in the midst of this darkness.
  
Hug your family, my friends.
Blessings,
Lisa
Update: Some AMAZING stories from this ugly night are starting to come out.  One miracle that is truly moving is about a victim who was shot four times, once in the nose where the bullet traveled to her brain, and she survives.  Please read A Miracle inside the Aurora Shooting by clicking HERE.

 I also came across this BLOG POST from Marie, a blogger here in Denver who was in the theater as well, where the shootings took place.  She writes about her experience and answers the questions So you STILL think God is a merciful God?

Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style
No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Saved by Love Creations 
Miss Mustard Seed
Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 
Restore Interiors
Tip Junk
You might also like:

Comments

  1. It is such a troubling time when things like that happen. It's quite frightening. You have to fall back on your faith. I told my husband, I'm so glad we stay home alot, maybe we're alot safer.
    We live west of Grand Junction so alot of people here are grieving for the horrible losses Aurora has suffered. I think there are alot of prayers going out to those who were wounded and killed and their families/friends. There but for the Grace of God go I? I have to say I feel so sorry for that nut that did what he did, he has to face God to answer for what he's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes evil walks boldly on the face of the earth and brings pain and fear wherever he goes. God brings peace, hope and love. Thank you for stating this is an EVIL act and not masking the truth with talk of the name of the movie or "illness". My family has been praying for the victims and the shooter since we heard the heartbreaking news. God bless and keep those who are hurting. Regena in TN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It so sad to think people went to a show to enjoy the experience and end up with terror and death in their life. We need to appreciate every moment in out live and our loved ones. Very nice post. So glad you shared your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate your kind and insightful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said! I really appreciate your tender heart, and that you hope others will come to Jesus Christ! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very thoughtful and caring post. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post. So glad you wrote this!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment