Tips & Tricks Tuesday #7

I know it's been a whole week since I last had a post.  Believe me, it was not intended.  I appreciate all of you who come by on a weekly basis to see what I've been up to.  I have a few projects I've been working on, and I've been itching to post them for all to see.  As it happens, however, sometimes life throws you a curve ball.  Last week, Lewisville was in the batting cages and it was one curve ball after another.

We got through it though (most of it), and we're getting through the rest.  My daily devotions in God's Word is an ever present help in time of need. My kids have been memorizing Psalm 121 and since I'm their teacher, I've been memorizing it too.  Little did I know at the time how much I would be reminding myself of it's truths.
I will lift up my eyes to the hills-
From where comes my help?
My help comes from the LORD
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Psalm 121:1-3

If you have a Bible around, take a moment and read the rest.  This is a short chapter with a lot of punch.  If you don't have a Bible but would like one, email me and I'll send one out to you.  With so much happening and my mind elsewhere, I took a few days to myself.  I love blogging and sharing my home with you, but when I started Lewisville Love, I promised myself I wouldn't let the blog rule my life.  My husband, my kids, and ministry at church take center stage.  So if I miss a few post here and there,  I'm just going to have to be ok with it.  I'm ok!

But school is now officially over and summer vacation is here!  I hear angels singing, don't you?  And without further ado, let's get to our weekly Tips & Tricks Tuesday. 


TIP 1.  My first tip comes from my friend Tracy who told me about this website that reviews movies with kids in mind.  In fact, their site is called Kids In Mind.  They rate movies based on 1) sex/nudity 2) violence and gore 3) profanity.  They have a 1-10 rating scale with specific details as to why a movie was rated as such.  For example, for nudity you might see something written like this, "We see a nude woman seated and from the back (her bare back from shoulders to lower waist is shown)."  This is a great site for parents since we all know the pg, pg13, R ratings system is a bit of a joke.  I guess I really can't hide my feeling on that.  For a visit to the Kids in Mind site, go HERE.

TIP 2.  I found this idea on Pinterest and it is on my Tips and Tricks board if you'd like to pin it.  This is truly genius.  Take $1 bins from the Dollar Tree and hang them on an extra shower rod placed in the back of the shower.  How wonderfully perfect for kids and room mates who share bathrooms.  Love it!

TIP 3.  My kids love home made fries.  I've sliced and diced so many potatoes for them, but to make things quicker and easier, use an apple slicer to cut yourself some home fries! Why didn't I think of that?

I hope you find these Tips and Tricks helpful.  Hopefully, that project that's been given me so much trouble will finally be ready later this week.  We'll see???

Blessings,
Lisa





Comments

  1. Hi Lisa-
    Thanks for your tip on the movies.. Kids in mind. I will definetly look into that!
    Appreciate you and your blog!
    I'll be praying for you.. And reading Psalm 121 myself!
    God bless you-
    Lisa Ferschweiler

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment