Tips and Tricks #9 & a Summer Schedule

It's another Tuesday and that means more helpful tips and tricks from Lewisville, Pinterest, and blogland!


Let's get started shall we!  I bought tons of these white plastic hangers from Target a few months ago.  $1 for a dozen was a good deal and they are perfect for my girls rooms.  I like my hangers to match; is that weird?  I think matching hangers make things look more organized.  The only problem is tank tops and summer dresses fall off easily from these hangers, but this little tip keeps that from happening and solves the problem of messy floors full of clothes.

TIP 1.  Wrap pipe cleaners around plastic hangers to keep your clothes from slipping.  I'm putting yellow and silver cleaners on the girls hangers to match their room colors.  Love this idea!


TIP 2.  Butter production is typically best in June and July ( I have no idea why) but that means lower prices.  Have you noticed these lower prices at the grocery store yet?  I shop Costco for butter and right now the price is about $6 for 4 lbs (4 boxes of 4 sticks).  That's a great price and since butter freezes for up to 6 months, now's the time to buy and stock up especially for all that holiday baking.


Tip 3.  I have these kitchen cabinets that don't reach the ceiling.  Every few months, I crawl on top of my counters and attempt to clean the tops of those cabinets with my extended vacuum hose.  It's a sight to see indeed.  Dust and grease and everything else gets up there.  This is a great idea and again one of those, "why didn't I think of that?"  Just place wax paper on top of those cabinets.  You may need to tape them down though.  Every few months, get up there, throw them away, and replace with new liners. 

Tip 4.  For all the mamas who are home with kids this summer, I know you want to enjoy the days with your kids with out hearing the words, "I'm Bored".   There are several blogs sites out there that give you some great ideas of summer activities to do with kids.  I asked my kids what they wanted to do, and their answers ranged from roller skating to reading.  We came up with a schedule that we can look forward to on a daily basis.  Those open star days, mean we can do another activity like roller skating or just hang at home.

Around 4p.m. they have to do their chores as I'm prepping dinner.  If you'd like to see their chore chart, you can find it HERE.  Fridays are our big shopping days.  We shop at a few grocery stores and if  there's anything we need from Target or Home Depot etc. we try to hit those stores as well.  It can be a long day for us, so we reward ourselves with ice cream!  Ice cream always makes us feel better!

Are you stuck on what activities you can do with your kids?  Visit some of my favorite summer kids sites.

1.  KOKOKOKids: Big Summer Post  This is in Russian, but just hit the translate button on top.  There are lost of great FREE ideas here with tons of creativity.   Your kids will love the things they came up with!

2. The Crafting Chicks Summer.  This site not only gives you ideas but FREE printable labels you can cut out and place in your own "I'm Bored" jars or boxes.  When the kids say, "I'm Bored", take out one of the labels and do the activity that it says. 

3.  Six Sister's Stuff.  Here is a list of 100 things you can do with your kids! 

As always, you can find my tips and tricks on Pinterest and pin them to your boards.  Here's to the start of a great and active Summer!

Blessings,
Lisa

Comments

  1. Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve remember your stuff previous to and you are just extremely wonderful. I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you’re stating and the way by which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you continue to take care of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to learn far more from you. This is really a terrific web site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really appreciate your comment and so glad you're enjoying the blog.
      Blessings,
      Lisa

      Delete
  2. L♥ve tip 3!! why didn't I think of that?! The vac hose is never long enough, as I try to vac with one hand and hold the vac itself with the other! grrr. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great tipsyou sound like a pretty smart Mom. Having had 4 kids to keep busy for many summers I know how "boring" it can get for the kids. Usually by mid to late July they're getting antsy. If you're home with the kids there's always a movie theater on a hot afternoon, the pool, library.
    Hmnm, been long time since I had to think about it. When we lived in San Diego area and the kids were growing up we lived inland so when I could I loaded up kids/friends and off we went to the beach. We had an old pick up truck with home made rails around the bed so we could get a few kids in the back. (when it was still allowed). It's amazing how good those kids were. We had rules and they obeyed them. (They all knew they'd better or get that "look" from me and no more beach days with all of us). I was starting to think we had about 10 kids after awhile as they were always around. I'd come home from work and ask, are you one of mine? They'd just laugh.
    My oldest son moved back to San Diego 2 1/2 yrs ago and he says alot of the same "kids" are still around and talk about the beach trips we made. That makes me feel pretty darned good as those kids are in late 40's, early 50's now. Oh gad does that ever make me feel old. Well I am old, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having all my kids' friends over too! What sweet memories you made. Love it!
      Blessings,
      Lisa

      Delete
  4. Lisa do you know of any blogs that give summer ideas of things to do with toddlers? He's 17 months, and I want to get out more with him but he isn't really old enough to enjoy a lot of the things older toddlers do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hil,
      I checked Pinterest and there is a great site out there at www.everythingpreschool.com. They have some good ideas on their site. Hope this helps!
      Blessings,
      Lisa

      Delete
  5. I bought those black no slip hangers at Cost-co for my closet but I'm going to try your trick for the girls closet. So sick of things sliding off. Thanks for the tip sis. Miss you terribly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the no slip hangers too! Miss you, friend.
      TTYS,

      Delete
  6. Hi Lisa-
    I love your blog, it is one of my highlights of the day when I read them.:)

    Thanks for the tips on a schedule.. A schedule brings peace of mind and order to our days.:). I made one for my older son to make sure he gets those things done, like summer school but intertwined with fun things he likes to do.
    The chore schedule is great too and I incorporated that into his schedule. Your comment about a burnt out mom stuck a chord.. So I need to get those kids helping out more! Thanks so much
    Lisa F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you,Lisa. I really appreciate it and I'm glad you like the blog! I'm having fun with it, and it's something to let my creative juices flowing. Hope you're doing well.
      Blessings,
      Lisa

      Delete

Post a Comment