Happy Mother's Day, MOM

Hello, Hello!  And Happy Mother's Day to all of you!  If you're a mom I hope you are spending the day just as you want and getting pampered in every way possible.

I woke up to tea being served bedside, then my favorite breakfast being served to me in bed, made by the hands of my favorite people in the whole world!  Then came the homemade cards with all the artistic touches of my 8, 10, and 12 year old. Perfect morning from the wonderful family God gave me.  Thank you, Lord.  I am blessed beyond measure.

We're staying home today.  My little ones are coughing and have sore throats, and the weather has been cloudy and rainy for the last few days.  For me, relaxing, reading, drinking entirely too much tea, and watching every version of Jane Austen movies sound dreamy.

I just spent the last hour in bed finishing Francine River's latest book.  I cried.  That women always has a way with words that move me.  Now, hubby's making tacos for lunch.  I'm impressed. He always impresses me, even after 18years!

Since it's Mother's Day, and I vote we have more of these throughout the year by the way, I just wanted to take a moment to thank my mom, Rose, for...EVERYTHING!


Mom,

Thank you for making my Wonder Women outfit when I was in pre-school.  I had the best costume that day!

Thanks for sending me to a Christian School, though I know it wasn't easy at times.

Thanks for telling me I COULD play basketball in the Olympics when that was my dream, and I was only 5ft tall.

Thanks for all the endless nights you spent making my team's cheerleading skirts.  Brown and baby blue never looked so good!

Thanks for all those trips I asked if I could go on and somehow you found a way to send me.  Cancun with Stephanie's family in 6th grade; Washington D.C. in 8th grade; Skiing in Utah in 11th grade;  then back to Cancun for my Senior trip.  Not to mention all the times I went to Mexico with Grandma Chio.

Thanks for praying for me and feeding me chicken broth when I came out of surgery.  It was a hard time for both of us, but you were strong through out those months.

Thank you for teaching me how to save money and buying my first car.  That little Toyota served me well.  It has finally seen it's last days.

Thank you for giving me the gift of writing.  I always thought you had the most beautiful handwriting and you always had a gift with words.  I think I inherited that from you. (at least I hope I did)

Thank you for pushing me to do well in school and telling me college was not an option.  3 girls; 3 college graduates- You're next! 
Thank you for helping me find the "perfect" wedding dress, even though it meant putting one on yourself so I could see what they all looked like!  I chose the one you had on by the way.

Thank you for dropping everything and flying to L.A. when I went into labor 3 months early.  It still makes me laugh when I think of what you said.  "Lily looks just like me!"....um, no she doesn't. (hehehe).

Thank you for supporting us in all the Lewisville adventures- Home schooling, ministry, Idaho, California, Colorado.....you know I can go on and on.

Thank you for being the first follower to sign up for my blog.


You're Amazing, Mom!  I love you!

You Daughter, (you know the smart and pretty one)
Lisa



Comments