Tips and Tricks

I've been wanting to write this post for a while now.  There are a few paint projects I worked on over the weekend, but they're still not ready for their  big blog reveal!   I have to say though, I'm liking the dining room chair re-do.  Eeeek!  Can't wait to show you!

For today's post,  I thought I'd share a few tips and tricks I've implemented here in Lewisville.  Some I've found just recently on Pinterest, others I've done for years.  I have a "Tips and Tricks" board on Pinterest.  You can follow it, or all my boards, and get updated whenever I find something new.  Just click on the Pinterest button under THINGS I PIN on the sidebar.  If you're not on Pinterest, let me know by email and I'll send you an invite. 

So here they are: Tips and Tricks I Love.  Hope these will help bring even more loveliness to your home.

From my PARTY board:

Ice cream is a must whenever we have birthday parties.  This is a great way to save time while serving cake and ice cream to guest.  Scoop ice cream into cupcake paper before the party, then freeze it in the cupcake pan until you're ready to serve.


Shoo fly, don't bother me!


I love inexpensive ideas that help me get organized.  Here are a few favorites from my ORGANIZE board.



Use tension rods to help organize and stack items in your cupboards.

Below, use shower rings on a hanger to hang your scarves more easily.  My closet can use this kind of help in the organizing department.


On my TIP and TRICKS board, you'll find these helpful hints.  Did you know the color of your bread tag tells you what day your bread was made? 


When you're done with the bread tags, you can use them for something like this.



We all know buying in bulk helps save money.  You can save up to 3lbs of meat in a gallon size freezer bag.  Divide it like so and freeze.  Break off only what you need to defrost for dinner, and the rest goes back in the freezer.  Simple. Easy. Brilliant!



When you live in high altitude, a pot of water boils over easily.  Wooden spoons keep that from happening.  I don't know how or why, but it works!




On my GARDEN/ PATIO board, I have lots of pictures of beautiful flowers, but I don't like to use toxic chemicals in trying to achieve those gardens.  Did you know vinegar kills weeds?  Pour carefully.  It will kill your flowers too.

 

And for my DIY friends, use warm vinegar to clean off dried up paint.  By the way, use olive oil on your skin to get off that same stubborn paint.



I love all the tips I find on Pinterest.  It's what our grandmothers did years ago with their neighbors as they talked over coffee.  We still have our cup of coffee in hand; we just turn on our computers now.

Blessings,
Lisa

Comments

  1. Hi Lisa! I really like reading your blog! Here's another blog award.... I nominated you for the Versatile Blog Award!
    Check it out!
    http://www.thestonybrookhouse.com/2012/04/what.html

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment